Common symptoms of spinal conditions
Although there are numerous spinal conditions and problems, they share many of the same symptoms. These include:
- Neck pain – persistent aching or stiffness; sharp, localized pain; pain that radiates into the arm or hand; acute arm pain; arm numbness or weakness
- Back pain – persistent aching or stiffness; sharp, localized pain; pain that radiates down the legs and into the feet; acute leg pain; leg numbness or weakness
- Hand pain – tingling, numbness or weakness
- Imbalance – a hesitant or jerky gait
- Bladder dysfunction and incontinence
Some conditions such as carpal tunnel, neuropathy, and ataxia have similar symptoms of spinal disorders. Your physician will work with you and the Inova Spine Institute team to make an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for your condition.